“For successful social leadership: do less, and be awesome every time you show up.”
The heart of social leadership — and our mission — is to help you and your employees, own your careers with integrity. Real social leadership is beyond powerful, it is both personally transformative, and the cornerstone of business transformation today, because transformation happens through the voices of your employees.
So no, it’s not about doing social because you must, and it’s not about regular meaningless updates on Twitter or even having a fantastic-looking LinkedIn profile… Because social leadership is never about adding to the noise.
As we enter a new age of work, trust is a massive issue for all businesses, not to mention the gig economy is set to transform all of our professional lives. Are you ready for that? Well the first step is to make social leadership a priority and to advocate for yourself, because no one else can (or should) do it for you.
Our social leadership workshops focus on inspiring every attendee to become strong, powerful, and authentic social leaders. Attendees will be asked to deeply reflect, identifying who you are and what you stand for, and then make a commitment to active and engaging participation on the social media platforms relevant to your message, your audience, and your career aspirations.
As a Social Leader, it is time to ask these questions:
1. Who am I?
2. What change am I determined to drive in the world?
3. Who needs to hear this message?
4. Where is the best place for this message to be heard?
5. How will I do it?
I’ve known Andrea for many years. She has brought to life the ideas on content and social influence that business leaders like me were struggling with. Ones like, “I know this is critical to the future of my business, but I just don’t know how to get it done.”
For people and organizations searching to meaningfully realize the power of social advocacy, Andrea is a truly wonderful partner. Patient, tremendously hard working, truly caring about helping people find their authentic voice and always there to encourage and help you challenge the nay-sayers.”
Nishan Weerasinghe, CMO, IBM
The Digital Conversationalist Social Leadership Workshops
Two workshop formats are offered:
Workshop one: Exclusive Social Leader Executive workshops for the executive leadership team only. The time to book this is when your entire leadership team is ready to embrace the opportunity of social leadership, because executive buy-in is critical to transforming your business to a social leadership culture.
Workshop two: Social leadership for employees — empowering the people who know the customer… is for all employees who want to be powerful social leaders, regardless of their role or function in your business. All employees have a voice today, so it is time to give them the tools to succeed, because they are out there, speaking on digital platforms regardless.
Exclusive Social Leader Executive workshops
True and authentic social leadership is a core leadership skill today #SocialCEO. It is the cornerstone of business transformation and provides executives the opportunity to build trust as they authentically engage with customers, employees, partners and all other stakeholders, where they are, on digital platforms.
The Social Leadership Executive workshops is exclusive to senior executive teams, and they will be inspired to embrace social leadership as a core discipline and they will truly understand the benefits that can be achieved by authentic digital connection.
These workshops are exclusively for C-level executive teams, and they will receive coaching and inspiration to step into this opportunity, that will not only transform their business, but their industry.
Executive team training program
Training + 1:1 mentoring + monitoring & coaching
- The program starts with a half-day training session for the executive leadership team together — discussing the why and how of social leadership, in the context of customers in today’s digital world
- Each leader has a one-on-one session with Andrea Edwards, The Digital Conversationalist, immediately after the training (usually in the same week), to discuss their core focus area and any challenges or concerns that arose in the training, and to start to build their social assets
- The leadership team is then monitored for 3–6 months following the training, to track performance, engagement, and participation, with feedback on results
- All leaders have direct access to Andrea Edwards, for any feedback on content and participation for the next six months (timeline to be agreed up front)
- Ghostwriting services and editing support can be provided through a partner of The Digital Conversationalist, at additional cost
When to do this
- This training is ideal during quarterly meetings, as long as it’s made an equal business priority
- When your executive leadership is committed to transforming into social leaders, get in touch with Andrea.
Employee Social Leadership workshops
Social leadership transforms cultures when everyone gets behind the brand, not just in sharing content, but by becoming participators and creators themselves. Our social leadership workshops empower employees. They are hard hitting and high value. Attendees are inspired to build a powerful social voice, which benefits your business and your employees.
- We’ve heard variations of this before.
- What if we train them and they leave to get better jobs?
- What if we don’t and they stay?
Building a social leadership culture and empowering employees to own their voice builds trust in the company that embraces it. Yes, some may leave and get better opportunities, but in our extensive experience, this is not what usually happens.
Employees become more loyal to their leadership team and the company as a whole. Their careers expand and great opportunities become available.
Look at this training as an investment in the future of your employees. With the gig economy and automation on the rise, this is one of the single best things you can do to prepare your employees for the future of work. When they have a strong and credible presence across their professional channels on social media, as well as on stages and within your business, it future proofs them for professional opportunities as the world continues to evolve at a dizzying pace.
Social leadership for employees — empowering the people who know the customer…
Our customized social leadership training for corporates are designed specifically for your unique business.
Our workshops are intensive, and targeted for 10 people for high personal interaction and feedback (max 20)
- Half day — becoming social leaders and building a strong brand
- Full day — becoming social leaders, building a strong brand, and learning the tools and how to apply them to become a content creator and social leader
- Follow-on — all workshops include open lines of communication for attendees, a monthly newsletter to maintain inspiration for next 3–6 months, and regular reporting on success to key stakeholders
Full-day workshops achieve the greatest results because participants take action live.
In the Social Leader workshop
You will learn …
- How to be a unique, powerful, and authentic social leader
- Understand the value it brings to you, your company and your community
- Insight into social leadership within the context of today’s digital world — includes tackling the negative aspects of social media
- Content marketing — what it is, why it’s moving to the heart of business today, and how that applies to you
- How to maximize your social profiles in minimum time
- What other social platforms are relevant to you? What are the pros and cons?
- Starting a blog, podcast, YouTube channel, and more — defining your topic, platforms, tools, amplification, etc.
- Where do you find great content to share? How do you create a process to ensure you stay committed? What’s realistic?
- What does success look like? What’s in it for you?
- And so much more…
I met Andrea when we were seeking a professional trainer to help RBS employees update their LinkedIn profiles to improve job search opportunities. I cannot say enough about the impact Andrea has had on the 200+ employees who attended her sessions. More than updating LinkedIn, Andrea is getting people to tap into what they stand for and she encourages them to go out into the world as an ambassador for themselves first, and their business second.
I have watched people’s lives completely change from this training, as they come out inspired, impassioned, and ready to take ownership of their future through the amazing tools we have available to us today on social media. Andrea lives and breathes this stuff, but more than anything, she passes her passion on to her audience. Considering the vast cultural mix of our employees, it’s saying something that she can touch so many with her message. I enjoy working with Andrea immensely. If you are seeking to train your employees to be ambassadors for your brand or you are going through changes and want to help your employees find new work, I could not recommend a professional more. Andrea is great to work with. I promise you something else — you’re going to have a lot of fun working with Andrea too!
Kylie Barry, head of HR and talent, Royal Bank of Scotland
Top Five Benefits of Social Leadership — Employee Perspective
- Bigger networks globally, opening doors to opportunities for the company and its employees
- Clients learning about the company from the content employees are willingly sharing
- Growing self-confidence and belief they are in control of their careers
- Growing belief in the effectiveness of strategic social selling
- Increased internal visibility within the company, which increases confidence in future opportunities
Learn When You Want
We have an eLearning option available immediately, which we update regularly, or we can create customized training for your internal online university, to ensure you can scale across your business.
We rarely do public workshops, as our focus is on large-scale business transformation. This is frequently achieved through working with thousands of employees across a large multinational company. However, if you would like to organize a social leadership workshop for your community, please do reach out to me.
Connect with me
Our mission at The Digital Conversationalist is to empower, inspire and motivate professionals to harness social media to intelligently build dream careers, as well as to take advantage of the content marketing opportunities we all have today. We do this for both professionals and businesses. If you’d like to work with me, please get in touch!
Copyright © 2020